Sunday 18 November 2012

The Story Behind The Script

Below this post is the first introductory pages of a script I wrote back in 07/08. The proposed production was named "The Survival of The Fittest". It followed seven characters trapped in a post-apocalyptic world after an event which is called "The Climax". It was based in one room of an abandoned jail in the city of London which they had makeshifted into a permanent shelter. It was written by myself and was supposed to be directed by a friend of mine named Kerry Rooney who directed a number of plays of which I was part back then and still up to today. Unfortunately after a closure of Kerry's studio and theatre of which it was meant to be played in, as well as lack of funds, the show was cancelled to my great sadness. But Kerry got me in a position to show part of the play as part of a showcase in 09. In which I was able to cast the characters, and make a simplified version of the set. So the script was never fully produced and is now only with Kerry and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment